Specialty care is what we do best and caring for the most complex patients allows Medwins Specialty Pharmacy to stand out & truly become a valued extension of the provider’s practice.
MENTAL HEALTH FACTS
- Approximately 3% of all individuals experience an episode of psychosis in their lifetime.
- Psychosis has no boundaries. It occurs across cultures and levels of status.
- Using drugs can place young people at risk.
- Young people who have a relative with psychosis or schizophrenia have an increased risk.
Anti-psychotic medications treat mental disorders such as schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). According to the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, depressive disorders affect about 14.8 million adults in the U.S. and are more common in the lives of women than men. Anti-psychotic medications are used as a short-term treatment for bipolar disorder to control psychotic symptoms such as hallucinations, delusions, or mania symptoms. These symptoms may occur during acute mania or severe depression. Some also treat bipolar depression, and several have demonstrated long-term value in preventing future episodes of mania or depression.
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF MENTAL HEALTH
- Change in behavior
- Change in cognitive thinking
- Mood swings
- Change in speech patterns
MENTAL HEALTH MEDICATIONS
At Medwins Specialty Pharmacy we can service all your medications related to your asthma. Some of the most common medications for asthma that we service include: ABILIFY®, ARISTADA®, INVEGA®, Risperdal, and Zyprexa
CONTACT US today to see how Medwins Specialty Pharmacy can become an extension of your healthcare team and help you.